Having a baby is one of the biggest and most special events in life. Each experience will definitely be unique, but the common goal for everyone is a healthy infant, mother, and partner. In making the transition to parenthood education is the key to preparing. Our goal is to provide you with that necessary education so that as a family you can:
- Understand the physical changes and stages of childbirth.
- Make informed decisions with guidance and recommendations from your obstetrical provider.
- Understand and demonstrate relieving techniques for the discomforts of pregnancy, labor and birth.
- Have an increased awareness of the newborn and basic care
- Be prepared for the physical and emotional changes of the post delivery phase
- Be prepared to breast or bottle feed your baby.
For a low risk or an uncomplicated pregnancy we recommend you begin class around week 32 or 33 of your pregnancy. If you have a high-risk pregnancy we recommend you begin classes sooner. Class space is limited, so you should call as early as possible to secure a position.